We know that parents of an autistic child are often faced with meltdowns and aggressive behaviour on a very regular basis. This webinar will address the thinking behind the behaviour and give you practical tools and strategies to help.
Jam-packed with information:
- Understand the thinking behind aggressive behaviours
- What's happening in their mind and body
- Could it be PDA? (Pathological Demand Avoidance)
- Identify the Stages of Crisis
- Things to look out for and consider in each stage
- De-escalation strategies. Things to say and do as well as things NOT to say and do
- Baseline strategies to reduce future meltdowns
Webinar Length: approximately 90-minutes plus a Q&A session at the end.
Webinar Facilitator: Jackie Hall - Lead Counsellor and Parental Stress Centre Founder
REGISTER TODAY! - Free Webinar - Aggression in Autism
Brisbane Disability Connection Expo: 3-4 March, 2023 | Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre
Find solutions and make connections at the Brisbane Disability Connection Expo 2023, at the Brisbane Convention and Entertainment Centre on March 3rd and 4th. Bringing participants of NDIS, families, children, adults and those looking for disability service options together with service providers and the community.
The Parental Stress Centre team will be there to meet you and answer any questions about our successful Autism Parenting Program which has helped over 2000 families find relief from everyday stresses, anxieties and behaviours of concern when parenting autistic children. The event is free and we'd love to meet you, so register now and put it in your diary! See you there!
Visitor information: Brisbane Disability Connection Expo 2023