Free 90-minute Live Webinar + Q&A
For Parents & Carers of all-aged Autistic Children
Professional Development Certificates available for this webinar.
18th of Jan, 2023
8.30 PM AEDT (Sydney Time)
Thank you for registering
What is school avoidance and what does it look like?
- 1Can’t get out of bed.
- 2Every day is an argument or a fight to get them there.
- 3When they get there, they run away or are disruptive so you are called to pick them up.
- 4Anxiety attacks at home or school.
- 5Increased meltdowns, aggressive behaviours or even shut downs.
- 6Emotional reactions or pleading with you not to make them go.
- 7Pretending to be sick so they don’t have to go.
- 8Self-harming or threatening to do so.
What we cover in this webinar:
Why school avoidance makes sense to your child. What must they be thinking.
The different areas of school life that might be triggering your child.
Identifying the problem, the ideal and what is needed to bridge the gap.
Understand how trauma could be influencing school avoidance.
Help you to learn how to communicate with your child for more co-operation.
Help you to respond to your child’s avoidance in a compassionate and empathetic way.
Rethink your ideas on School Avoidance with your Webinar Host: Jackie Hall
Jackie is a qualified and registered counsellor with the ACA. She is an EMDR trained therapist for trauma and has worked with autistic children as a frontline residential youth worker. She is extremely passionate about neuroscience and translating that research into practical tools and strategies that can be accessed by everybody. She has helped more than 2,000 families of autistic children through her work to-date.
This webinar will help you to make sense of your child's emotions and behaviour and walk away feeling relieved, understood and armed with tools to implement in your own home or environment.