Is a Qualified and Accredited counsellor, author, mother, keynote speaker, course facilitator and founder of the Parental Stress Centre.
She began her journey back in 2007 when she found herself the mother of two, suffering from postnatal depression and anxiety. During a particularly angry outburst that resulted in a knife catapulting across the room and almost hitting her then two year old son, Jackie received her wake up call (full story told in The Happy Mum Handbook).
Her passion and drive for seeing changes in parents and children is relentless. Anyone who works with her can see her genuine desire to see parents happier. Her non-judgmental and unperturbed nature comes from her own, and extensive counselling experiences.
Jackie often relays stories of how she applies her teachings into her own life and is very candid about her own imperfections and growth as a parent.
- Dip. Counselling, with specialised skills in CBT for Anxiety and Depression.
- 11 years of Trauma Counselling experience including EMDR (for PTSD, anxiety and depression, drug & alcohol addictions).
- Residential Youth Carer executing Therapeutic Crisis Intervention Training for Challenging child behaviours, Solution-Focussed Therapy and Trauma-informed approaches.
- Registered Circle of Security Parenting Facilitator
- Jackie toured Australia for twelve months in 2018 Speaking in every state and territory
Parents say how Jackie's information, ‘makes so much sense’. They can't help but leave feeling motivated to be the parent they desire to be and armed with the tools to do it.
Jackie’s mission is to teach parents how to experience peace and self-worth within themselves. Because this will enable them to teach these important traits to their children.